Is Mailshake worth it? This comprehensive Mailshake review answers that question.
We’ll check out Mailshake’s features, pricing, and address some of the most frequently asked questions about the tool.
If your email outreach process is uber-clunky and all over the place.
And you’re sick and tired of getting zero email opens or replies.
Or worse, you’re spending thousands of $$$ while getting zero sales out of your email campaigns, then continue reading this comprehensive review…
…Mailshake might just be the software you need to turn your dying email campaigns around.
Table of Contents
- What is Mailshake?
- Who is Mailshake for?
- Mailshake pros and cons
- Mailshake features
- Mailshake alternatives
- Mailshake customer feedback
- Mailshake pricing
- Mailshake FAQs
- Mailshake discount coupon
- Conclusion of Mailshake review
What is Mailshake?
Mailshake is an easy-to-use sales engagement platform that allows modern sales teams to:
- Automate the process of sending personalized cold emails (at scale)
- Monitor your open rates, clicks, replies, etc.
- Validate emails
- Configure tasks to engage with prospects through social media or phone seamlessly
The platform allows you to accomplish all these in one sequence and on a single dashboard. This makes Mailshake a powerful solution that will fit your sales tech stack and streamline your outreach.
(Create a Mailshake account here.)
Who is Mailshake for?
Mailshake is perfect for:
- Content marketers
- Sales professionals
- And anyone who wants to generate leads via cold outreach.
Mailshake pros and cons
1. Easy to use. Mailshake offers an intuitive, user-friendly interface, making it an excellent tool for even sales outreach newbies. It offers an eye-catching and efficient User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) that simplify onboarding and using the platform and its features.
2. It keeps you from delivering the two emails to the same person. While this isn’t exactly an amazing feature, it’s a practical functionality that not every outreach tool offers. Mailshake reduces the chances of sending two different cold emails to the same person by notifying you if you’ve already sent one email to a contact.
3. It lowers your bounce rate. High bounce rates increase the chances of your emails getting flagged as spam. Mailshake solves this by automatically cleaning your list and moving out your invalid emails for you.
4. It connects with the most popular email service providers. This allows you to enjoy Mailshake’s features while leveraging the functionalities of some of the widely-used email service providers. It offers many opportunities to supercharge your outreach campaigns and efforts.
5. It integrates with many third-party Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions. Mailshake allows you to integrate your account with HubSpot, Freshsales, Salesforce, Pipedrive, and other CRMs (more on this later).
1. Mailshake has a separate UI from Gmail or your Google Workspace account. While your Mailshake account works through your Gmail or Google Workspace account, the platform uses its own interface that is separate from Gmail. This means you can’t access your drip campaigns or outbound email folders within Gmail and will need to switch between Mailshake’s separate interface.
The process can make onboarding longer since you’ll need to familiarize yourself with both apps and keep switching between the two.
2. Configuring custom tracking domains isn’t easy. Mailshake can support tracking your domains, but the setup process isn’t straightforward.
Mailshake has TONS of features, but in this Mailshake review, we’ll focus on the following.
Data integration and storage
Mailshake allows you to store collected data from leads and prospects, then use the information to personalize your marketing emails.
Below are several easy ways to import data into Mailshake.
- Manual entry. You can copy lead and prospect information from your source and paste these into Mailshake fields.
- Pre-built integrations. Mailshake’s built-in integrations allow you to share data across more than 30 third-party solutions seamlessly. These integrations make it quick and easy to share customer data between your existing systems and other platforms you use with Mailshake.
- CSV upload. Mailshake lets you upload your customer data within your spreadsheets as CSV files to the platform through seamless mail merge.
Mailshake’s email builder tool allows you to create and personalize your sales emails quickly.
The platform’s mail merge feature can help streamline your cold outreach initiatives while ensuring you’re sending personalized emails that engage your recipients effectively.
Mailshake lets you insert field replacement tags to allow you to pull in relevant data, such as the first and last name of each recipient you’re sending emails to.
You can also add more personalization elements to each recipient’s emails before your campaign goes live.
If you don’t want to build your emails from scratch, choose from Mailshake’s 50 plus pre-written email templates and personalize them accordingly.
Mailshake helps streamline your outreach workflows by automating your follow-ups and scheduling email delivery.
You can create your outreach emails and schedule them to deliver on a time and day that work best for your recipients. This helps ensure you’re delivering emails when your recipients are most likely to respond to your messages.
For instance, you can set up follow-up emails to trigger automatically and send them to your recipients.
Mailshake lets you configure and customize the criteria that trigger the email delivery when you build your campaign.
Mailshake’s automated email features help speed up your outreach workflows and sales efforts, allowing you to work more efficiently and get results faster.
Mailshake offers a dashboard that shows an overall view of your cold outreach campaigns. This includes the important Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for tracking, such as the open rate, sent emails, lead won rate, and new leads.
The dashboard can also show your top salespeople by open rate and recent campaign performance.
VoIP phone dialer
The Sales Engagement Plan comes with a VoIP phone dialer that lets you make calls directly from the Mailshake platform.
You can create unique phone numbers using Mailshake and record and transcribe phone calls for quality checks and assessments.
Mailshake lets you send a series of automated emails to your audience for your drip email campaigns.
After creating your messages using the email builder, you can set up a sequence or sending order. This includes configuring timed delays between email deliveries.
Add various email types to your sequence, including the following.
- Follow-up emails. You can set up follow-up emails at specific time intervals to nurture relationships until your contacts become leads, bounces, or unsubscribes.
- On click emails. Mailshake lets you set up automated emails that trigger when your recipients click a link.
Each email type has a particular purpose that you can leverage within your drip email campaigns to engage recipients at the right time.
Mailshake provides an A/B testing tool to help you optimize your drip campaigns and emails.
You can make up to five email campaign variations and send each one to your email list segments.
The platform monitors each campaign performance to help you determine the variation with the best responses.
Some of the A/B testing metrics Mailshake lets you track include:
Analytics and reporting
Mailshake’s analytics dashboard can help you monitor your campaign’s performance by tracking and providing data on metrics such as:
- Open rate
- Bounce rate
- Click rate
- Response rate
- Prospect count
- Unsubscribe rate
- Send volume
You can also generate reports to analyze your prospect data and campaigns, including:
- Lead catcher. This shows your leads’ status
- Engagement report. This shows your campaign engagements
- Productivity report. This helps you assess your team’s performance over time
- Lead drivers report. This monitors successful conversions across your campaign channels
Some of the popular Mailshake integrations include:
Mailshake offers native integration with Pipedrive. This lets you save time updating your CRM, allowing you to focus more on your outreach and sales efforts.
The Pipedrive Mailshake integration allows you to:
- Create new deals in Pipedrive for your Mailshake campaign recipients
- Monitor when your emails are sent, clicked, opened, get replies in Pipedrive
- Customize how your deals move through your pipeline
- Add your prospects from Pipedrive to your existing Mailshake campaigns automatically
Mailshake lets you integrate Facebook through Zapier. This integration helps you nurture leads from Facebook and build your mailing list.
The Facebook Mailshake integration allows you to automatically send your leads from the Facebook Lead Ads directly to Mailshake, then add them to a specific campaign.
You can also add new emails to new Facebook custom audiences after sending messages from Mailshake for your future retargeting efforts.
Mailshakes’ Slack native integration lets you:
- Send replies from Mailshake to your Slack channels
- Post to slack every time you get a new lead in Mailshake
- Change a prospect’s lead status in Slack to drop it into a different Mailshake campaign (via Zapier).
- Pause, unsubscribe, or update the lead status of a Mailshake contact within Slack
Integrating Twilio and Mailshake makes nurturing prospects more efficient by letting you automate sending text messages when you receive a new email or create a new lead.
You can also use your Mailshake account to sync phone numbers from Twilio, helping ensure your leads are always updated on both platforms.
The Twilio Mailshake third-party integration via Zapier can speed up and improve your communication with prospects.
Mailshake is adding Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to its features.
The platform’s AI email writer aims to help you speed up creating and running your outreach campaigns by leveraging AI to make the first draft of your email for you automatically.
It’s an excellent addition to the Mailshake features to reduce the time and resources you spend on building your emails and campaigns, helping you optimize your outreach workflows and efforts.
(View a complete list of Mailshake’s features.)
In this Mailshake review, we rounded up the top five alternatives of the platform.
Snov.io is a relatively new outreach automation platform for sales and marketing teams. It offers several tools for email verification, tracking, and sending, and lead generation.
Some of Snov.io’s key features are:
- A full-fledged yet simple mail outreach module
- A drag-and-drop email builder and email verifier for seamless outreach and prospecting workflows
- Contacts file importing, including TXT, CSV, and MS Excel files
Lemlist is a cold email outreach platform that lets you create highly-personalized content, such as videos, images, and templates. This helps you increase your email deliverability to nurture warm relationships with your prospects.
The platform lets you automate your follow-up emails, putting your repetitive tasks on autopilot and helping you avoid missing opportunities to engage prospects.
Lemlist’s features and tools help you:
- Kickstart your outreach campaigns through a wide array of conversion-oriented cold email templates.
- Connect to all major email providers since Lemlist is fairly compatible with almost all of them. You can also link any external Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) with Lemlist.
- Set up integrations with Google Sheets and most CRM, streamlining your prospecting platforms such as LinkedIn.
SalesHandy is a sales engagement platform and enablement tool that helps your sales team make significant and faster sales engagement.
The platform provides your email recipient’s engagement data and helps you work more efficiently through robust email productivity features.
Some of the noteworthy SalesHandy features include:
- Unlimited email tracking (for free) and email scheduling
- Option to attach and send smart templates
- Follow-up email automation (up to nine levels) and including multiple triggers
- A tool that lets you extract behavioral insights from your email communications to spot your most engaged recipients faster
- Email tracking for and compatibility with email providers such as Outlook and Gmail
- Cold email templates
Woodpecker is a cold email platform designed to help Business-to-Business (B2B) companies connect with prospective clients and partners via intuitive tools.
The platform lets you create relevant, personalized email sequences to boost your chances of successfully connecting with prospects.
Your follow-up emails get sent in the same thread as your opening email to keep your messages seamless.
You can also run experiments on your messages to identify the best-performing variations. Woodpecker automatically marks your prospects’ level of interest based on their reply.
The platform’s other features include:
- Automated email follow-ups that automatically stops once you receive a reply from recipients
- Tracking features that monitor the clicks and opens generated from your emails
- Easy integrations with CRMs and email service providers to help you set up and deploy workflows across the Woodpecker and your systems quickly.
Klenty is a sales engagement platform that can act almost like a sales execution engine.
Some of the platform’s standout features include:
- Detecting redundant data automatically
- A click to call button within emails
- A comprehensive set of email outreach tools to streamline sending emails and follow-up, including drip campaigns.
- A/B testing module to help you identify the strategies that work best for your contacts
- Seamless integrations with major CRMs to streamline keeping your contacts and prospects list updated.
Other Mailshake alternatives include SmartReach.io, MixMax, Salesloft, Apollo.io, HubSpot Sales Hub, and more.
(See how Mailshake compares with Yesware, Outreach.io, among other competitors.)
Mailshake customer feedback
“It’s just so easy to use and visually it makes a lot of sense. I love that it shows me the sending calendar… I like that it cleans the list for me… making sure they’re good leads.”
— Mason Bledsoe, Joinscroll.com
“Mailshake gives unorganized SDRs their superpower to be efficient in their follow-up and do what they do best, which is communicate.”
– Felipe Ramos, CEO of Multirisco
“The templates save a ton of time, I’m only adding about 25% personalized content. The middle is the stock version, and it can be quickly duplicated for guest-blogging outreach.”
— Kevin Miller, Director of Growth at Spire.io
“We’ve tried seemingly every solution out there, and none come close to the ROI we get with Mailshake.”
— Claire McTaggart, Founder of Square Peg
“Mailshake has been a dream. It’s seriously the best marketing automation tool I’ve used in my entire career,”
— Matt Hallerman, Head of Sales at Banzai
The Mailshake pricing plans start at $44 per user/month (annual billing) for email outreach and $75 per user/month (annual billing) for sales outreach.
The platform doesn’t have a free trial, but if you’re unsatisfied within the first 30 days, Mailshake will give you a full refund of your initial subscription payment.
(View Mailshake’s pricing packages here.)
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about the platform.
1. How do you set up Mailshake?
After signing up for your Mailshake account, connect your sending email address.
You can use Gmail or Google Workspace (formerly GSuite), Microsoft Office365 (or Outlook and Exchange), and SMTP for other email addresses.
Connecting Gmail or Google Workspace
You can connect your Gmail Google Workspace email address with your email address and password.
Connecting Microsoft Outlook, Office365, or Exchange
Follow the same Gmail or Google Workspace process when connecting your Microsoft Outlook, Office365, or Exchange email address.
However, you might need to connect using the SMTP option if you have a custom Microsoft Exchange server.
You can use your Exchange email address or your own domain when connecting any @outlook or Office 365 email ad, but Mailshake recommends using your own domain for deliverability.
Connecting an email address with SMTP
Ensure you have all the right information before connecting your email account with SMTP, including:
- Email Address
- The full name used for sending
- SMTP Host (Server Address) and Port Number
- SMTP Username (usually your email address)
- SMTP Password
- IMAP Host (Server Address) and Port Number
- IMAP Username (typically your email address)
- IMAP Password
If you’re not sure about your IMAP or SMTP server information, contact your email provider.
2. How do you export from Mailshake?
Mailshake allows you to export your prospects and their information, sent messages, and your list of cleaning results from specific campaigns.
Under the Campaigns page, click the Export dropdown at the top of the interface and select the option you want to export.
After Mailshake is done processing, you can download the CSV file.
3. How do I change my signature on Mailshake?
You can create or edit your email signature by clicking Mail Accounts on the menu on the left side of the interface.
Select the Mail Account you want to edit, then click Settings. Scroll down and click Signature, then edit accordingly and save.
4. How do I test my Mailshake account email deliverability?
Mailshake recommends using the Mail Genius free email spam checker tool to check your technical setup and email copy.
You can use a real email you plan on sending and send it to the provided Mail Genius email address.
Conclusion of Mailshake review
Mailshake is an excellent sales engagement platform. It’s a great outreach tool that has tracking, analytics, and automation features.
It’s also easy to set up your campaigns since the platform’s interface is intuitive and user-friendly.
It’s also worth pointing out that Mailshake’s customer support is top-notch.
We scoured the web to learn how its users feel about their customer support and most reviews of Mailshake show great feedback.
All in all, Mailshake is a trusted and great sales outreach platform that helps you run your campaigns on autopilot.
Simplify, optimize, and get better results out of your outreach now. Sign up for a Mailshake account.